Gratitude

10:52:00

Hi Anomalies! Merry Christmas Eve, I hope you all are enjoying it.

I want you to pause and think about this for a minute - What if you woke up today with only the things that you thanked God for yesterday?


As the year is gradually coming to an end I think it's important that we talk about gratitude. The question above already says a lot. How many things will you have today based on what you were thankful for yesterday? Will you still have your parents? your friends? your house? food ? money? clothes?

Gratitude is expressing appreciation for something. It's basically just being able to count your blessings and you showing thankfulness for everything in your life - the big things, the littlest things and the things in between.

A great deal has happened this year, there's been a lot of ups and downs. For some more ups than downs and for others more downs than ups but amidst the chaos there will always be something to be thankful for, always.
I feel like most times we get caught up with everything going on around us that we forget to just stop and say "Thank you God" and sometimes it's that we're so bent on getting other things that we forget to be thankful for the things we already have. In some other cases people, because of their current circumstances, don't think there's a need to be thankful and can you blame them? This world is tough but there'll always be something to be grateful for.

In life, negative events often overshadow positive ones and this stops us from being grateful a lot of the time. In situations like this I think it's best to have a thanksgiving journal where you write or type all the things you are truly grateful for (literally count your blessings one by one). This is actually scientifically proven to make you happier but other than that I can guarantee you that you will be amazed at how much you have. Focus on the good and forget the bad for sometime and just go over all the great things that have happened to you this year alone.

simplereminders.com



Today is a gift, be grateful for it. The fact that you're reading this right now you should be thankful, why? For the mere fact that you can see and you're able to read, that's a good enough reason to show gratitude. Or would you have preferred to wake up today without your sense of sight ? Remember that saying 'not knowing what you had until it's gone', I'm sure we don't want that to be our story. So lets learn to appreciate everything around you because you don't know what tomorrow holds.

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Nigeria but Christmas is close I guess. This holiday I want us to dwell on all the good things that have happened to us this year and be grateful to God for every single one of them. Make a list if you can.

Here are ten things we're grateful for here at Just An Anomaly:
  • Family & Friends
  • Good Food
  • Clothes
  • This blog
  • An Education
  • Good Music
  • Good health
  • Life
  • Time spent together
  • Ourselves, Our experiences and for just being able to see the last month of 2015.

What are you thankful for?

Count your blessings, not your problems.

Do us a favor, tell us what you are thankful for in the comment section. Thank you! - Tomisin x

Happy Holidays!

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I'm thankful for my family and friends. For life. I'm also thankful for surviving the trials of the year

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for my family & friends. What a time to be alive

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for life,my family and friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thankful for too many things tbh but I'm most thankful for the amazing people I'm proud to call friends 😘👭👫 (oh and chocolate!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thankful for family, business & life

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thankful for life, family and God's grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful for all the beautiful friends god has given me and although this year was bumpy my friends where always there for me love you guys and keep doing you
    Signed the baddest guy in your life

    ReplyDelete
  8. fayokunmi adenuga24 December 2015 at 11:45

    I'm thankful for favour, my parents who have been so supportive this year, my real friends who I love so much and Strength to overcome the troubles I faced this year. Thank God!❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thankful for life, family and God's grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thankful for my life, food, friends, and all the positive changes in the world; specifically from the girl that are making a difference with this website. Y'all have my full support

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thankful for the continued existence of the human race

    ReplyDelete